Sunday, February 5, 2012

Seen & Heard: Die Antwoord, "I Fink U Freeky"

The problem with Die Antwoord is that the moment I hear one of their songs it becomes trapped in my head for days running on a loop of sounds and accents and rolling verses and Vi$$er's (that's her above, yes, she was the style basis for David Fincher's Lisbeth Salander) strange child-cartoon voice.  With that in mind, I invite you to watch the South African rap duo's appropriately scuzzy "I Fink U Freeky" video.   The short is directed by photographer Roger Ballen, and while I don't always love Die Antwoord, this is a phenomenally realized video that works to visually match the sound on every level.  It's a circus geek freak show in a grimy, bombed-out trash heap of decrepitude that would be creepy if it weren't such a dance party.  Above and beyond. A-grade.

1 comment:

  1. June riverApril 20, 2012

    Girl, your 8track playlists are awsome. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails