Sunday, December 11, 2011

Seen & Heard: Anna Calvi, Lana Del Rey, Lynchian Ladies...

I've been digging Anna Calvi's debut album (which has popped up on quite a few best of lists) and was a huge fan of TV on the Radio's Return to Cookie Mountain album, so, when Calvi covered "Wolf Like Me" I was all over it.  Calvi is a British member of what seems to be a trending school of wailing ladies and howling guitars, a sort of PJ Harvey via David Lynch sensibility that I hope is the next big sound.

Check out my previous matching of Calvi with California girl Lana Del Rey in the Twin Peaks inspired playlist on my other blog.

1 comment:

  1. Anna Calvi is real while Lana del Rey is as phony as it comes. It took her managers five years to come up with a name for her? And the next year turning her face into a reasonable facsimile of a RealDoll? Whatever, poor dear.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails