Sunday, November 6, 2011

RIP: Andy Rooney

Lovable curmudgeon Andy Rooney passed away this past Saturday at age 92.  His death comes a mere month after his retirement from "60 Minutes," where he offered up cranky commentaries and humorous observations to television audiences for 33 years.  His final essay was his 1,097th (!), and he expressed his desire to keep going, saying "I wish I could do this forever. I can’t, though.” [via LA Times]  


Andy Rooney had been a TV fixture for my entire life.  While I rarely catch "60 Minutes" these days, as someone who grew up watching his segments, it seems surreal knowing that the final Rooney complaint has come and gone.  Let's all watch and feel nostalgic as Andy Rooney talks about losing touch with pop music...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails