Sunday, November 27, 2011

Review: The Muppets


I never outgrew the Muppets.  In reality, I've not known many people who have.  When I was very small I loved the Muppet crew for their enthusiasm and ebullient, no-holds barred goofiness.  They were colorful and electric, a motley crew of frogs and bears and chickens and things: walking, talking, flailing creatures I secretly believed must have been real (and in some ways still do) and which served as the partial basis for a million and one puppeted plush personalities my sister and I brought to life each day.  As I got older, I learned to see the Muppets as my parents already did.  I seem to recall my father explaining that, like the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons he cherished, Jim Henson's puppets were in possession of jokes that improved with age and wisdom...

finish this review @

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails