Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review: Horrible Bosses

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but it did.  At some point over the last couple years I managed to reach a point at which I learned to truly appreciate a crude comedy like some sort of idiot connoisseur.  I've become that person who suddenly believes, like a 14-year old boy, that certain films must be branded with an 'R' by the MPAA to be any good at all.  This may sound juvenile, and yes, I'm well aware that comedy can be derived from any number of sources more innocuous than gratuitous sexual content, explicit language, drug use, and violence, but certain comedies don't feel genuine without the risk factor.  Crude comedies and black comedies, the kinds that pull their subjects from the dark pits of human suffering and certain deadly sins, should push at their confines without worrying about catering to someone's definition of what's appropriate.  Sometimes this may lead to failure (I'm looking at you, Hangover II), but when 'going there' pays off, it pays off big...

finish this review @

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails