Monday, June 13, 2011

Seen & Heard: Katy Perry and Memory Tapes

I was hoping to avoid posting this, but apparently I can't because it's a big deal and Katy Perry owns summer or something.  This is the "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" video for the song that's apparently supposed to make you reminisce about slap bracelets and Skip-Its but is all confused about its chronology.  It's fun and stuff, I guess, but the most noteworthy thing is that she dug up Hanson and blended them with Kenny G. at her/Rebecca Black's in-video house party.  Let's think about that for a minute.


Here is a potential antidote for what you've just seen and heard: "Yes I Know" by Memory Tapes, with fancy video direction by Eric Epstein.  I wouldn't call it catchy, but let's hope it cancels out the infectiousness of Kathy Beth Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails