Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Trivial Pursuit: April 8th Edition


Guys, I'm swamped. That's the long and short of it. I've got no excuses for my Pop Candy leave of absence (with occasional drop ins for things like Melancholia) other than, well, things are just busy, and when your IRL job involves a lot of reading and writing, your self-imposed internet job just comes second. This doesn't mean we're done.  No, no, I expect to be up and running full force by early May.  It just means that I'm at a juncture where life won't even give me a spare couple hours to tune out and watch mindless stylized Sucker Punch action.  One day, one day.  So, I'm not breaking up with the internet; our relationship is too meaningful.  I just can't always be bothered with the trivialities I generally love. 

After a couple weeks of white noise, however, I have trudged through the million objects on my Google Reader and will now attempt to spit back the silly gossip you've successfully lived without.

Oh, in the meantime, I have been using Twitter as my blogging methadone.  If you aren't already, you should follow me (and M.)  @LoveSqualorBlog.  

Gwyneth Paltrow, former actress turned hyphenate annoyance, is releasing a cookbook entitled My Father's Daughter.  Within its pages you will find writing apparently so absurdly entitled, it seems as though Paltrow is already parodying herself.  Eater has pulled a sampling of the best/worst sentences including:

           "I basically love anything that comes in a hot dog bun... except hot dogs"
           "One cold wintry day in London, I was dreaming about salad nicoise—one of my favorites."
            and "One evening when I had my wood-burning stove going I realized I hadn't thought of dessert."
That's how it's done, rich ladies.  That's how you write a vanity project about your cookery. [via Eater]

Lady Gaga's creative director was interviewed by MTV, where she revealed some tidbits about the upcoming single "Judas" and its video.  Supposedly, Gaga will be stepping into the role of Mary Magdalene, but the real shock is not expected to be one of religious controversy (though, I mean, come on, there totally will be and I'm majorly pumped about it.  PLEASE COME OUT BEFORE EASTER. That family gathering could be HILARIOUS.), but we can expect to be shocked "to find out how huge and really groundbreaking the message is and how freeing the message is for all the right reasons"  [via MTV].  I'll be shocked if Gaga goes Christian rock.  That's the only way.

Tina Fey is pregnant with her second child.  Like, 5 months pregnant and no one knew until now.  For those wondering: supposedly the current season of 30 Rock has wrapped filming and the pregnancy will not be awkwardly incorporated into Liz Lemon's storyline.  On a similar note:  Alec Baldwin randomly mentioned that there is a chance 30 Rock may be ending in 2012.  [via People]

Blockbuster, Inc. went up for auction this week and was bought out by Dish Network.  Dish supposedly hopes to use the established Blockbuster name to seriously amp up their offerings and make them into a power player able to truly rival Netflix. [source]

Glenn Beck is leaving his show on the Fox News Network.  While this probably means he's cooking up something bigger and more obnoxious, for now I'm pretty sure we should all do a happy dance.  I mean, sheesh, that dude is annoying.  Have you watched that shit?  It's like sitting down in front of a talking wartime propaganda poster.  Before anyone freaks out at me: I'm not even talking about his politics.  It's his delivery... [source]

Perez Hilton is publishing a children's book entitled The Boy with Pink Hair which supposedly preaches the acceptance of other people's differences.  This is funny, as his blog is a vaccuum in which he contributes to female body perception issues, draws dicks jizzing at the faces of those he doesn't agree with, and harasses underage celebrities.  Um, seriously publishing world?  [via Galleycat]

Reese Witherspoon sneakily got married to CAA agent Jim Toth a couple weeks ago.  All the tabloids kicked themselves. [source]

Juno Temple (Kaboom, St. Trinian's, Atonement) was reportedly cast in The Dark Knight Rises.  It's expected she'll be assuming the role of Catwoman sidekick and streetwise teen prostitute Holly Robinson.  [source]

RIP: First female vice presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro died in late March at age 75 from complications with blood cancer.  [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails