Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Paul

I usually love when Simon Pegg and Nick Frost join forces.  The previous entries in their collaborations (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, and UK television series Spaced) have been smartly executed, surprisingly sophisticated genre send-ups loaded with all the right pop cultural references and never skimping on comedic flair.  I'd forgotten, however, that that duo is a trio.  This time, director/writer Edgar Wright has been subbed out for Superbad director Greg Mottola.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but apparently, without Edgar Wright, the duo falls pretty flat...





1 comment:

  1. The issue I have with this film is.. who is it aimed towards? Teens? Adult nerds like myself? It feels unfocused even in the trailers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails