Monday, February 28, 2011

Seen & Heard: Lady Gaga gets "Born This Way"



It seems to me that my life must have changed when I saw Holy Mountain that first time so many summers ago; for since then, I see allusions to it in just about everything.  Granted, Holy Mountain is itself an amalgamation of religious iconography, so I'll admit it's not too difficult to find a hint of Jodorowsky here and there, but there's something about the make-up, the angles, the mirrored birthing imagery of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" video that screams "someone in the Haus of Gaga has been to the Holy Mountain."  Then again, maybe not.  I mean, if they'd seen it we would be inundated with bizarro astrological acid trips right now, right?  Or, maybe some toiling bit member of the Haus has had as much trouble forcing that head trip onto people as I have, and one day they'll watch it and we'll enjoy a deluge of absolute insanity to trouble the masses.

Real life friends who are reading this:  yes, I still really want to watch Holy Mountain with you.  Call me when you feel like tripping on celluloid.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo. Holy Mountain on a Holy Sunday afternoon? Dangerous. I'm game...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails