Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seen & Heard: Crystal Fighters and Toro Y Moi


Two songs that would likely work as well for hipster snow days as hipster summer days.  I'm enjoying the Crystal Fighters track "At Home" and their sort of quaint (but not twee) synth take on across the pond folk.  Is a rather charming track, though the video makes me really wish I were able to reach into the screen and take scissors to the hair of like all of those dudes...

On the opposite side of things we have Toro Y Moi, the pseudonym of musician Chazwick Bundick.  I don't know enough about him to tell you if that's his real name, but if I were him I'd definitely prefer to be referred to as Toro Y Moi.  The thing about Toro Y Moi is that it feels like I've read the name everywhere lately.  So, when I saw a video for "New Beat"  I watched it.  Honestly, I sort of hate the video.  I'm not sure why, but it could have something to do with loathing the smell I know goes along with winter jackets, cold air, and smoke-filled environments.  The music?  Just another chillwave album.  I'll stick with Washed Out, thanks.

Toro Y Moi - "New Beat" (Official Video) from Urban Outfitters on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails