Friday, February 11, 2011

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" Debut



The song Elton John supposedly pronounced to be "the gayest ever"  (source) was released amidst much build up and fanfare this morning.  The title track off Lady Gaga's next album, "Born This Way" is now available for your listening pleasure and, I must admit, I'm so glad it bears absolutely no similarity to the rock ballad "You and I" she played for the crowds last summer at Lollapalooza.  I have to disagree with Sir Elton, however.  It will certainly be a club anthem, a Glee anthem, a more pumped up alternative to Madonna's "Express Yourself"  etc etc, but I have a whole playlist of late 80's/early 90's Bronski Beat and Army of Lovers that easily (and I say this with the utmost affection) surpass "Born this Way" in the race for things which may or may not be "the gayest ever."   Anyhow, this is what the radio will sound like for the next four months, kids.  This and the return of B. Spears.  Resistance is futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails