Friday, January 21, 2011

The Trivial Pursuit: January 21st Edition

[Image credit: Sarah McNeil. I likes it.]

It's the dead dead dead of winter and I don't know what that obese squirrel is doing trudging across my yard instead of holed up somewhere safe.  Chicago is currently running at a temperature of 6 degrees.  Single digits of great unpleasantness which mean that I'm wearing two pairs of gloves, two pairs of pants, and my big ugly fleece beneath my coat.  For those in warmer climates who may not have experienced this torment, know that when it's 6 degrees out the world is like a reverse desert.  I have seriously been drinking glass after glass of water, tea, Propel, Vitamin Water, etc, etc, and every time I swallow I feel like my throat is Death Valley.  Quelle nightmare.  Moving on...

Sandra Bullock's scummy ex-husband Jesse James announced yesterday that he is engaged to be married to LA Ink's Kat Von D. Alright, seriously, what did she ever see in this guy?  Also, this won't end well. [source]

Regis Philbin, 79, has announced his retirement from “Live with Regis and Kelly”, citing his expected departure as taking place sometime around the end of summer.  Philbin has hosted the morning show for the past 25-years. [source]

After randomly remarking that she’d like to play Chris Colfer’s lesbian aunt on Glee, the show’s creator, Ryan Murphy decided that might be a good idea.  Murphy confirmed that in the wake of a rendez-vous at the Golden Globes, Anne Hathaway will indeed be playing her invented role. [via Access Hollywood]

Variety is reporting that Will Smith is looking into producing a modern remake of the musical Annie, with daughter Willow in the title role.  I really hope those kids understand that this is not how things work for the rest of the world. [via Variety]

UK Skins actress Kaya Scodelario, who played Effy Stonem for four seasons of the original, threw her opinion on the American remake into the ring this week via Twitter: “Hi every1. Still on holiday with the girls in beautiful jamaica! We watched the American skins... Na mate!  Brits did it better...”   She’s absolutely right.  [via Twitter]

After a recent visit to Africa, George Clooney, 49, revealed that he is currently battling malaria.  Let’s hope he recovers quickly. [via Daily Mail]



Roger Ebert unveiled the new prosthetic chin he’ll be wearing for his appearances on his latest TV show.  In true Ebert style, you can read all about it on his blog.



Following gossipy assumption that she’s dating pop-star Justin Bieber, 16, The National Enquirer ran a hilarious story claiming that Disney girl Selena Gomez, 18, has removed her purity ring, causing her parents to flip their shit. [source]

IMDB botched things pretty severely this week it was discovered that they’d swapped one Asian actor for another on their listing for The Green Hornet.  The film stars Taiwanese pop idol Jay Chou as Kato, but IMDB had replaced him with Harold and Kumar’s John Cho.  Yikes.  [via /Film]

Unlike Hilary Duff, Clueless actress Alicia Silverstone is actually pregnant.  [via People]

Quotable Ke$ha to the London Times: "I knew everything about sex before I was even seven," she said.  “My mom left me at home when I was 14 with a credit card, and a box of condoms and the keys to the car and said, 'Don't get pregnant and don't drink and drive.' I had to be responsible for myself."  [source]

Kanye West’s sense of humor got him in trouble again this week, when he sarcastically tweeted: "Yo Britney, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you be #1, but me and Jay-Z's single is one of the best songs of all time! LOL."  Only to have the media fire up tales that Mr. West is attempting to incite a rivalry between himself and Britney Spears.  Really, media?  Really? [via MTV]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails