Friday, December 17, 2010

The Trivial Pursuit: December 17th Edition

Carine Roitfeld, Vogue Paris editor for the past decade, announced her resignation today stating that she has opted to work on "personal projects."  The fashion industry is rightfully inconsolable.  [WWD]

Winona Ryder revealed revelations indicating that she's been aware of Mel Gibson's nasty prejudices for quite some time.  Radar online reports that in an interview with GQ, Ryder had this to say:
"I remember, like, 15 years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties, and [Mel Gibson] was really drunk. I was with my friend, who's gay. [Gibson] made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish.
         He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. I'd never heard that before. It was just this weird, weird moment. I was like, 'He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic.' No one believed me!"
Opening night for troubled Julie Taymor musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark has been pushed back for the fourth time.  The delay will now see the start date in February, and the production issues are supposedly abundant.  Aside from the technical delays, rumor has it that the entire script and structure is being toyed with at nearly every rehearsal.  [via /Film]

John Favreau announced via Twitter that he would not be returning to direct Iron Man 3, opting instead for Magic Kingdom. His primary reason, it would seem, is merely that he outgrew it and is ready to take on different projects. [via /Film]
Nicole Richie and Joel Madden did, in fact, get married.  The wedding featured an elephant, a Grace Kelly inspired gown (by Marchesa), and 150 guests.  Who wasn't invited?  Former BFF Paris Hilton. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails