Monday, October 11, 2010

Things That Will Only Work Once...

So this little nine-year old British girl, Beatrice Delap, wrote a letter addressed to Jack Sparrow requesting assistance in a mutiny against her elementary teachers.  The result?  Jack Sparrow came and did just that.  Johnny Depp, who has been filming bits of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides nearby, decided the thing to do upon receiving this letter was to call up the school 10 minutes prior, then show up in costume (with some other pirates) to assist young Beatrice.  What.  You're telling me this works?  Come on.  If I'd known that, I would have done this years ago. 

Regardless, this is a reminder that even if The Tourist is dreadful, Johnny Depp appears to be a generally pretty great human being actor type.  This is clearly beyond awesome and Beatrice is going to be like the coolest kid at school forever (her postscript "we have a plentiful supply of rum" indicates that she may already be).  If I were 9 and this happened to me, I would be very silent, pale white, and I think I might have a heart attack.  Actually, if it happened right now I might have a heart attack.   Lucky child...

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails