Thursday, June 3, 2010

RIP: Rue McClanahan

I know I said I wanted to post more this month, but I'd really prefer it if all of my posts weren't obituaries.  Stay alive, everyone.  Stay alive.


Emmy award winning Golden Girls actress Rue McClanahan, who played the oversexed Georgia peach Blanche Devereaux, died today at age 76.  The cause of death has been cited by her manager, Barbara Lawrence, as a brain hemorrhage.  McClanahan had suffered a minor stroke last year after undergoing heart surgery.


McClanahan was a television mainstay whose star turns outside of the Golden Girls (and short-lived spin-off Golden Palace) included long running stays on Mama's Family and alongside Bea Arthur on Maude


Betty White, last Girl standing, has already released a statement, saying ""Rue was a close and dear friend.  I treasured our relationship.  It hurts more than I even thought it would, if that's even possible." [TMZ]


[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails