Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: The A-Team

I love it when a plan comes together.  My plan was: find a friend, go to the theater, see a fun ol' rollicking summer action flick.  My plan came together.  Like magic.  I didn't even have to steal 20 airbags, rig up an elaborate diversion, or hijack a helicopter to do it.  Oh, how simple life is.  Seriously, I love it when a plan comes together. That's an A-Team catchphrase.  I'm assuming it was also a catchphrase on the actual TV series as well, but since the show ran while I was barely conscious...I'd be playing into some huge Wikipedia-based charade if I claimed to know for sure.  Either way, Hannibal Smith (Liam Neeson) and company say it about a million times.  There are a lot of plans coming together in The A-Team.  Elaborate ones that fall like dominoes one after another in a straight line of action from beginning to end credits.  It's the sort of blockbuster action movie that only comes along in the muggy dead of summer.  A few big names, a lot of explosions, and an enjoyable enough shred of story to keep an audience sufficiently entertained....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails