Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NPR's Top 50 Albums of the 2010 Thus Far...

Those silly folks at NPR are already listing the listener's choices for best albums of 2010 thus far.  It's not even the first of July, people.  You're totally missing that fabled phony halfway point by one day.  God, have some decency.  No, but seriously.  They've made a list and topped it with Plastic Beach by the Gorillaz.  My honest reaction?  Surprise. I'm not sure what I would have chosen as a shoo-in at this point for NPR listeners (maybe LCD Soundsystem or Black Keys), but Plastic Beach probably wouldn't have been it.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good album.  For some reason, though, my listens to it have made it mostly into ambient sound instead of some sort of enrapturing album experience.   

You can check out the complete list here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails