Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Seen & Heard: How to Destroy Angels



Trent Reznor and his wife, Mariqueen Maandig, now are a band called How to Destroy Angels.  When I heard this, a couple days back, I thought the name was at sigh inducing levels of lame.  I'm standing by that notion, though my inner goth deems the first taste of the actual music acceptable.  The song "The Space in Between" uses (as can be expected) the sort of industrial instrumentals Nine Inch Nails was known for and with Maandig's vocals the track's sound is very similar to Snake River Conspiracy or early, Kelli Ali-fronted, Sneaker Pimps. It's bloody, ominous, and asking to be added to my late night driving playlist.

Question for any truly hardcore NIN fans out there: is Maandig considered a Yoko in any circles, or is this new collaboration good to go?  Also - does that faux blood just look too much like chocolate sauce for anyone else?

I want a sundae.

1 comment:

  1. A blood sundae? I personally don't consider any Yoko. But I resigned myself to the fact that Trent would never be mine years before. I think most Beatles fans never gave up hope for a night of war protests and poetry in bed with John Lennon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails