Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rodarte + Godard

I was scanning the Criterion Collection website trying to figure out what happened to their Festival feature in conjunction with the Auteurs, when I happened upon a bit of news that relevant news for the fashionista film fanatic.  It seems that in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Jean-Luc Godard's nouvelle vague instant classic Breathless, Rialto Pictures has recruited Rodarte's Mulleavy Sisters to create a new design based on the New York Herald Tribune t-shirt Jean Seberg dons during the film's memorable opening sequences.

The shirts will, of course, only be available through Barneys and likely will cost a good portion of my paycheck, but do I suddenly want one?  Yes.  I kind of do.  Moreso, though, I feel like someone needs to jump up and start creating original t-shirt designs centered around Godard's other films.  Alphaville the t-shirt?  Yes, please.  Mulleavy's, we should be friends, you like Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast and made light-up heels.  There are no other qualifications.  [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails