Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trailer: I Am Love

Magnolia Pictures released a new stateside trailer for I Am Love, a film that (much like A Single Man) I've been dying to see (I missed out on the Chicago EU Fest premiere at the Siskel Center, and am still kicking myself).  Directed by Luca Guadagnino and starring Tilda Swinton, I Am Love is reported to be a gorgeously luxe melodrama centered around a wealthy Italian family in the midst of turmoil.  While the family patriarch prepares to hand over the reins of his industrial company and begin anew, his wife enters into an affair with a chef.  Centered, as so many standout art films are, around food, sex, and family, I Am Love has thus far played to rave reviews at screenings and festivals.  We all know that I'll watch Swinton in just about anything, she's a phenomenal actress with a pretty impressive track record when it comes to picking her starring roles, lucky for me (and you), she has yet to fall into the trap of so many supporting Oscar winners.  I Am Love opens this weekend in the UK, but you can look for it to appear in limited release on June 18th in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails