Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Music: Scissor Sisters



I'm enjoying "Invisible Light", the first track from the return of the Scissor Sisters.  If the song, moving towards a darker sound rooted in the music of New Order and Soft Cell (I'm thinking "Sex Dwarf", not "Tainted Love"), is any indication, with their album Night Work the group seems to have moved out of a 70's Elton John influence and deeply into the 80's.  The Sisters describe their third studio album as "supersexual and sleazy" and I'm digging it down to the Robert Mapplethorpe cover art and Ian McKellan voiced segue (4:01).   I quite enjoyed their self-titled first record, but I mean...I could love this.  I'm not at all ashamed to admit it.

Night Work is slated for a June 28th release.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails