Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You Guys...

 
To my friends who were upset when television goddess Tina Fey appeared dolled up in couture in Vogue: are you ready to get offended? Cause, guess what?  Yes, that's her again. She's got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and is vamping it up in Louboutins all over a newsstand near you.  These are the shots for her cover story in April's Esquire, in which she plays the role of wild and crazy girl (but still responsible enough to make sure when you vomit, you don't do so all over your hair). 

Personally, I'm always one for a glam photo session, so I can be counted on to approve all manner of dress-up occasions.  I enjoyed her shoot in Bust all those years ago (when I was just totally overjoyed at seeing her on a magazine cover period, in the age of the many Jessica's).  I think these shots are fantastic, and Fey handles her appearance in the men's mag with her typical self-aware/mildly self-deprecating wit and a savvy you don't get with your typical tarted-up cover girl:
"The idea of the photo shoot is something like my wild night out. The irony being that I don't do that. I got an e-mail [from Esquire] with a list of the potential setups, and my e-mail back was like, Well, I need to decline being handcuffed to a bed. I won't straddle anyone. I won't make out with a cop. There are certain things, I totally get them as a premise. And they're all good fun, and if I were a young single model, they would be appropriate, but, you know, I'm a mom. And my kid's going to find this someday. I don't want to be handcuffed to a bed in Esquire. What are you nuts? I'm not going to make out with a cop that I'm handcuffed to. I got to get my kid into kindergarten. I guess that's more of a Montessori way of learning, when they handcuff you to things." [SOURCE]


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails