26. Miss Li, "Bourgeois Shangri-La" - Sometimes, there's something to the ipod commercials.
27. Raekwon (ft. Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, & Method Man), "House of Flying Daggers" - Do you feel gangstah yet?
28. Phoenix, "1901" - More Phoenix, but i still say "Lisztomania" is better.
29. PJ Harvey & John Parish, "Sixteen, Fifteen, Fourteen" - The commentary for "Black Hearted Love" pretty much applies here well. Once she starts counting down and the bottom drops out of the sound, i'm sold.
30. Beyonce, "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - All lists that do not include this song were written by people not alive in 2009.
31. Animal Collective, "My Girls" - Similarly, all lists that do not include one entry of Animal Collective's trippy sonics will probably be ridiculed by Bob Boilen personally.
32. U2, "Magnificent" - I was all like, U2, whatever, I'm so tired of Bono and the glasses and the guyliner on the cover of Rolling Stone. But it was untrue. Lies. I have rocked out in the car to this. Several times. It's solid. Doubt me, go ahead. Bono will come for you.
33. Peaches, "Billionaire" - Weird, sort of illogical, and raunchy as all hell. Otherwise, extremely enjoyable.
34. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, "40 Day Dream" - Again, i just mentioned this the other day. Right now i'm listening to it more than "Home". It's gorgeous.
35. The Decemberists, "The Rake's Song" - Ironically, this is perhaps the first Decemberists song i have really, truly, legitimately liked.
36. Neko Case, "This Tornado Loves You" - It just keeps running.
37. (tie) The Dead Weather, "I Cut Like A Buffalo" / "Treat Me Like Your Mother" - I'm smashing these together, since they're essentially quite similar. The same driving, dirty tough phony gunslinger garage rock. Yes.
38. Passion Pit, "The Reeling" - This is the song that makes me really see the sort of boundless joy Passion Pit was talked up as having for the longest time. Really wonderful.
39. Moby, "Pale Horses" - Yeah, he's still around, his music still sounds like that, but if it's beautiful, does it matter?
40. Royksopp, "Happy Up Here" - Filled with their trademark bloops and bleeps.
41. Anya Marina, "Whatever You Like" - A cover of the T.I. song made to sound really sweet and somehow way more believable.
42. Jarvis Cocker, "Hold Still" - "Kittens are cute but a full grown cat can be cuter" wise words, wise words. Sorry, can't find a video that isn't the live version.
43. The Phenomenal Handclap Band, "15 to 20" - Bad ass.
44. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Heads Will Roll" - I'm sorry. This is a pretty good album.
45. The xx, "Crystalised" - Weirdly seductive. Sticky like tar.
46. Lady GaGa, "Paparazzi" - I've decided the woman sort of is 2009.
47. Bear in Heaven, "Lovesick Teenager" - I'm getting tired of trying to come up with unique things to write.
48. Lily Allen, "Not Fair" - I confess i don't really want to like her, but i find i can't argue with the bluntness of this song.
49. Muse, "Uprising" - "Knights of Cydonia" slips onto my long list of favorite songs of all time, and i quite like Black Holes and Revelations on the whole. This song, for me, was the one and only real saving grace of The Resistance when compared to the warp speed rock of that last album.
50. Camera Obscura, "Frency Navy" - Ain't it cute?