Monday, November 16, 2009

The 80's Redux Continues Its Path of Devastation



My Little Pony is coming back to TV. The Hollywood Reporter has announced that the toy franchise, which has had its fair share of cartoons and VHS tapes in the past (check the original theme song, oh memories), is the first official title to be added to the line-up of a brand new kids cable channel from toy giant Hasbro and Discovery.

Wait, Hasbro and Discovery? I mean, i'm not surprised that My Little Pony is back, it never really went away, and luckily, i don't think there's too much they can do to corrupt or sluttify the candy colored ponies (they've already been branded with rainbow tramp stamps)....but, Hasbro and Discovery joined forces to bring us television? I don't think i'm too far off base when i guess that the newly created Hasbro Studios will build the station as one massive commercial. Next up: Transformers, GI Joe, Clue, Candyland, Battleship, Mr. Potato Head, Cabbage Patch Kids, Pokemon, and a return of Jem. What I'm really looking forward to, though, will be when they run out of ideas and go for Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs, and Easy-Bake Oven: the television series.

[Source]

1 comment:

  1. I just got my "My Little Pony" sleeping bag out of the closet and cried myself to sleep wrapped in its neon 80's embrace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails