Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ellen Joins Idol

I wish American Idol would stop making newsworthy alterations and commit to dying, but i'm not going to get my wish any time soon. E! Online (and every other media/news outlet) reported sometime last night that comedienne Ellen DeGeneres has accepted the job of Paula Abdul's replacement on the reality competition. She'll join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi as fourth judge and representative of the average American viewer. DeGeneres herself has acknowledged that her industry know-how and credentials might be a little questionable, but states ""Hopefully I'm the people's point of view, because I'm just like you. I sit at home and I watch it...I'm not looking at it in a critical way, from the music producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who's going to buy the music, and who's going to relate to that person." [Source] Yep, the Idol producers have cleverly swapped an intentional comedic element in place of an accidental one. Meh, I'm still pretty confidant i'm not going to resume watching the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails