Thursday, June 18, 2009

DJ Hero

If you're like me, you frequently have moments of escapism where you think: i should learn turntablism and become a DJ, fuck all this other noise. Then you remember that DJ equipment costs money and that you actually kind of hate hanging around club venues all night. So, on the eighth day, Activision created DJ Hero. Yes, it's the obvious, it's Guitar Hero only with a turntable and a soundtrack made up of Justice, Beastie Boys, N.E.R.D, etc. Here's the controller with all its simplified functions:
The game, due out in October, features over 100 songs and can function in DJ versus mode, DJ vs. guitar, and also, apparently, supports a microphone. As a self-proclaimed Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Singstar junkie...these features speak volumes to me and makes me want to try it out like whoa, even if i still can't quite figure out how to translate what's going on onscreen to the physical controller.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... this seems intriguing but I feel like I may get bored after awhile but who thought "strumming" a fake guitar would be fun too. These damn games keep taking my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I should purchase this. I've wasted so many countless hours on rock band already. However, imagine melding the two. You have your very own Linkin Park!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails